Another Golson arrested on drug charges

Same residence as man who led to shooting

— Deborah Golson, 53, of 503 N. Chestnut in Toppenish, was arrested on drugs and weapons charges last Friday night.

That is the same address for Calvin Golson, 29, who was arrested later Friday after an officer-involved shooting in Zillah.

Neither Toppenish Police Chief Curt Ruggles nor Zillah Police Chief Jim Quantrell knew late Tuesday if the two Golsons are related.

According to charging narratives Officer K. Cameron wrote for Yakima County Superior Court on the Golsons, Toppenish police came in contact with Golson early Friday morning, some time after midnight, when Toppenish police were trying to catch Calvin Golson on arrest warrants.

Deborah Golson filled out a report of a stolen car with Officer K. Cameron, a black Honda, according to the record. It was the car Calvin Golson was driving when Cameron spotted Golson.

Cameron tried to stop Calvin Golson, but Golson took off, leading Cameron on a high-speed chase on the west side of Toppenish.

Golson got away when Cameron backed off in deference to public safety, Cameron wrote. Cameron added that Officer Rosenow picked up the chase moments later an followed Golson until he crashed into a canal southeast of Toppenish. He couldn’t be found.

Police didn’t give up on Calvin Golson, but there was a break in the pursuit.

Cameron does not explain in the narrative why they had a search warrant for 503 N. Chestnut, but at 10:30 p.m. he exercised the warrant.

Cameron said Deborah Golson admitted to having methamphetamine in the house, Cameron wrote. She was arrested and placed in a patrol car.

Cameron found a lot more than Deborah Golson said was in the house. He reported there were drugs and evidence consistent with distribution.

Cameron wrote that he also found firearms in the house. He discovered Deborah Golson is a convicted felon and added unlawful possession of a firearm to the charges.

Cameron did not say in the narrative if they got information on Calvin Golson, but shortly after 11 p.m. Toppenish police were joined by Zillah police at a home in the 200 block of First Avenue in Zillah.

Before Calvin Golson could be captured, another man, 61-year-old Ricky Bound,s emerged from the house.

Bounds had a black object police thought was a handgun. Chief Jim Quantrell said the officers sensed an immediate threat and one of them, Jacob Olivas, fired a shot that sent Bounds to the hospital in critical condition.

Calvin Colson was arrested after the shooting.


Comments are subject to moderator review and may not appear immediately on the site.

Please read our commenting policy before posting.

Any comment violating the site's commenting guidelines will be removed and the user could be banned from the site.

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment