As of Thursday, October 30, 2014
Dr. G. Simon Bachir, a vascular surgeon, will open his practice at Sunnyside Community Hospital’s Specialty Center Surgical Group clinic, 500 S. 11th St., this coming Saturday, Nov. 1.
“It’s truly an honor to be the first vascular surgeon to practice at Sunnyside Community Hospital and in the Lower Yakima Valley,” Dr. Bachir said.
“I look forward to bringing this new service for all patients throughout the region.”
Dr. Bachir completed extensive training and numerous fellowships throughout the world at universities in Europe and the U.S. He most recently completed training in endovascular surgery at the University of Columbia-Cornell in New York City, along with fellowships in thorascopic surgery and cardiovascular surgery at the famed Cleveland Clinic.
Dr. Bachir comes to Sunnyside from the Desert Regional Medical Center in Palm Springs, Calif. and brings more than 25 years of experience as a vascular surgeon.
He specializes in cardiovascular and thoracic surgery, advanced laparoscopic-thorascopic surgery, advanced endovascular surgery and pulmonary-esophageal surgery.
He is also a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons and a Diplomat of the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Thoracic Surgery.
His services include:
• Carotid artery surgery
• Abdominal and thoracic aortic surgery and ballooning to prevent rupture
• Peripheral artery surgery and ballooning,
• Varicose vein and venous ulcer surgery,
• Dialysis access surgery and endovascular surgery for renal failure patients,
• Lung and esophageal surgery,
• Thoracic, abdominal and general oncology surgery,
• Abdominal and hiatal hernia surgical repair,
• GERD or reflux disease surgery, and
• Abdominal hernias