Monday, Oct. 28, 2013
Law & Justice Center, 6:30 p.m.
Call to order – roll call
Invocation – Dan Hotchkiss
Pledge of Allegiance
Proclamation – Daughters of the Nile Day
Presentation – 2014 Miss Sunnyside Court
I. Unscheduled appearances by citizens
(Note - Citizens are advised that they must limit their remarks to the Council to three (3) minutes and that items presented may be referred by the Council to staff for review and/or additional information for presentation to the Council at a future Council meeting.)
II. Consent agenda
Approve minutes of the Oct. 14 regular meeting.
B. Claim Vouchers
Approve claim vouchers 81180 through 81263 for the period ending Oct. 28, in the amount of $280,588.
C. Payroll Vouchers
Approve payroll and vendor vouchers 117584 through 117629, payroll direct deposits 22809 through 22900 and payroll vendor ACH 1697 through 1703 in the amount of $319,976 dated Oct. 15.
D. Traffic Safety Emphasis Patrol Funds
Consider resolution authorizing the acceptance of grant award (Washington Traffic Safety Commission Program).
E. Lease Agreement - Amendment
Consider resolution authorizing amendment to the lease agreement with Yakima County Fire District #5.
F. Sunnyside Connects - Letter of Agreement
Consider resolution approving letter of agreement by and between City of Sunnyside, Sunnyside School District No. 201, Port of Sunnyside and Sunnyside Community Hospital.
G. Pacific Power
Consider resolution approving General Service Contract by and between City of Sunnyside and Pacific Power for the wells 12 & 13 project.
H. Change Order - Blew’s Construction, Inc.
Consider resolution accepting and authorizing execution of change order #3 for the Sunnyside Fire Station Addition/Renovation Project.
I. Boards and Commissions Appointments
1) Approve appointment of Tom Gehlen to the Sunnyside Council Salary Commission.
2) Approve re-appointment of Jacqueline Kranz to the Board of Parks and Recreation.
3) Approve appointment of Teri Alvarez-Ziegler to the Lodging Tax Advisory Committee.
4) Approve re-appointment of Jessie Gonzales to the Sunnyside Housing Authority.
5) Approve appointment of John Fannin to the Sunnyside Arts Commission.
III. Active Agenda
Receive presentation by Brittany Weaver regarding charter schools.
B. Public Hearing - 2014 Ad Valorem Taxes
(Notice published Thursday, Oct. 17, 2013 - Daily Sun News.)
Receive public comment regarding the ad valorem property tax levy amount for 2014.
C. Ad Valorem Tax Levy
1) Receive first reading of the ordinance setting the ad valorem property tax levy amount for 2014.
2) Receive first reading of the ordinance increasing the 2014 property tax levy for the City of Sunnyside above the “Limit Factor”, up to 101 percent.
D. Review/Discuss Preliminary 2014 Budget
E. Public Hearing - 2014 Preliminary Budget
(Notice Published - Daily Sun News, Oct. 1 and Oct. 8, 2013.)
Receive public comment on the 2014 Preliminary Budget.
IV. Items from council members
A. Reports from Council Subcommittees:
1) Public Safety - Guerrero, Hancock, Vlieger
2) Finance and Administrative Services - Raines, Broersma, Guerrero
3) Public Works - Hicks, Vlieger, Broersma (no report)
B. Council Request Status Report
C. Other reports, announcements and/or questions by Council.
D. Upcoming Council Meetings:
1) Workshop Meeting - Monday, Nov. 4 at 6:30 p.m. has been cancelled
2) Regular Meeting - Tuesday, Nov. 12 at 6:30 p.m.
3) Regular Meeting - Monday, Nov. 25 at 6:30 p.m.
V. Items from city manager and department heads
VI. Executive Session - 15 minutes
Discuss potential litigation per RCW 42.30.110(1)(i). Possible action taken.